The 2022 Preakness Stakes happens on Saturday, May 21. So far, most of the betting has concentrated around 3 horses, second place Kentucky Derby runner Epicenter, Kentucky Oaks winner Secret Oath, and Chad Brown trained Early Voting. See below for morning line odds along with a rundown of the entire Preakness field so you don’t miss your chance to bet against the Preakness Stakes Odds.
Rundown on All Preakness Entrants | Horse Racing Odds and Picks
2022 Preakness Stakes
- When: Saturday, May 21, Race 13 at 7:01 pm ET
- Where: Pimlico Race Course
- TV/Streaming: NBC / Peacock
2022 Preakness Stakes Entry List
- Simplification 6-1 – The fourth-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby impresses because Simplification had to go wide while Rich Strike ran up the rail. But Simplification may not be fast enough to beat these.
- Creative Minister 10-1 – Trainer Kenny McPeek and Creative Minister’s owners think so much of him that they supplemented the 10-1 choice for $150,000. If he improves at all, he’ll finish no worse than third.
- Fenwick 50-1 – Rich Strike had some positives. Fenwick has zero. A victory would be a bigger upset than Rich Strike taking the Derby.
- Secret Oath 9-2 – The D. Wayne Lukas runner looked like she was breezing in the Kentucky Oaks. Her turn of foot is breathtaking. The knocks? The last time she ran against the boys, she appeared timid. Also, The Coach is wheeling back two weeks after her best lifetime race. That’s rarely a positive.
- Early Voting 7-2 – He could be lone speed because Armagnac, although a frontrunner, isn’t as fast. If Early Voting does get the lead, watch out. Gate-to-wire is a real possibility.
- Happy Jack 30-1 – The main positive is trainer Doug O’Neil. That doesn’t mean this horse wins. Fourth place pays $60,000, which isn’t bad. So O’Neil might tell the jockey to go for fourth place and if Happy finishes any better than that, great!
- Armagnac 12-1 – This reeks of desperation. A front-running score going 1 1/16 miles loose on the lead at Santa Anita in an $80,000 optional claimer isn’t the same as going toe-to-toe with a quality speedster like Early Voting. He’d be a surprise.
- Epicenter 6-5 – The chalk can win. The chalk should win. But Epicenter ran the race of his life in the Kentucky Derby, comes back two weeks later, and should be too tired to catch a quality horse like Early Voting, or hold off a potential monster like Creative Minister.
- Skippylongstocking 20-1 – Beware the Saffie Joseph Jr. under the radar runner. Skippylongstocking went off over +1700 in the Wood Memorial. Although the horse could finish no better than third, Skippy ran three lengths behind Early Voting for the entire race. The works leading up to this are great, Saffie only runs if he can win, and Skippy should have matured from the Wood to Saturday. This long shot is legit.
Preakness Stakes Betting Center
Odds and Lines
Latest Preakness Stakes News: