The Penn State Nittany Lions (3-4) will attempt to end a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Purdue Boilermakers (9-5) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Mackey Arena as 5.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup’s over/under is 138.5.
Purdue vs Penn State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Computer picks for Purdue vs Penn State
Place a Bet on the Purdue – Penn State Matchup
Penn State (+5.5)
Purdue 74 Penn State 72
- In 57.1% of their opportunities this season (eight of 14 chances), the Boilermakers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points in 71.4% of their matchups this year (five of seven chances).
- The Boilermakers and the Nittany Lions combine to average 11.0 more points per game than the total of 138.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.7 points per game, 4.2 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Boilermakers games this season is 1.0 fewer points than the over/under of 138.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Nittany Lions games this year is 16.2 more points than the point total of 138.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
Bet on Live College Basketball Here
- The Boilermakers record 5.2 fewer points per game (71.1) than the Nittany Lions allow (76.3).
- Purdue is 4-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when scoring more than 76.3 points.
- Penn State has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 71.1 points.
- The Nittany Lions’ 78.4 points per game are 12 more points than the 66.4 the Boilermakers give up.
- Penn State has gone 3-3 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 66.4 points.
- Purdue is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it allows more than 78.4 points.
- The Boilermakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 65 points this season (4.7 points per game on average), and the Nittany Lions have put up only 15 more points than their opponents on the year (2.1 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has earned an even 6-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Boilermakers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 3-2 record.
- Purdue has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 8 of 13 games for a 61.5% rate.
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have a winning record against the spread, going 4-3 ATS (covering 57.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In most of Nittany Lions games this season, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
Purdue vs Penn State (Last 3 Games)
Place a Bet on the Purdue – Penn State Matchup
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Boilermakers is Trevion Williams, who accumulates 15.5 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
- Purdue’s best passer is Eric Hunter Jr., who averages 3.5 assists per game to go with his 10.4 PPG scoring average.
- Sasha Stefanovic makes more threes per game than any other member of the Boilermakers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- The Purdue steals leader is Hunter, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Zach Edey, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions with 15.1 points per game. He also tacks on 4.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- John Harrar has a stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 7.0 points and 0.6 assists per game for Penn State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jamari Wheeler holds the top spot for assists with 3.9 per game, adding 5.3 points and 4.0 rebounds per matchup.
- Myles Dread makes 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Nittany Lions.
- Sam Sessoms (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Penn State while Seth Lundy (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Dayton Flyers vs. George Washington Colonials: 1/17/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Santa Clara Broncos vs. San Diego Toreros: 1/17/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 1/17/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Tarleton State Texans: 1/17/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- CSU Northridge Matadors vs. Long Beach State Beach: 1/15/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED