The clock is ticking down on the NBA regular season, with just 5 weeks left to go before we get to the postseason. It has been the same way all season in terms of the standings, but the 3 separate groups – top 6, play-in, teams missing the playoffs, are becoming clearer with each passing week. There is still time for teams to make a move, so we can expect to see the NBA Power Rankings change a few times between now and the end of the season. We have seen some changes this week. Let’s take our usual look at the top and bottom 5 so you can keep betting against the NBA Odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 21
- Phoenix Suns – With Chris Paul on the sidelines, the Suns have been seeing some losses coming their way, but they are still 7-3 in their last 10 games and maintain an 8-game lead at the top of the Western Conference.
- Miami Heat – The Heat have moved up a couple of spots in the Power Rankings this week on the heels of a 2-game win streak and a run that has seen them go 8-2 in their last 10 games. The Heat are now opening up a lead atop the Eastern Conference.
- Memphis Grizzlies – The Grizzlies have dropped a spot in the rankings this week, and while they are 6-4 in their last 10, they have cooled off considerably compared to where they were just a couple of weeks back.
- Milwaukee Bucks – Are the defending champions getting hot at the right time? It might be too soon to make that type of claim, but they start out the new week on a 4-game win streak that now has them up in 3rd in the East.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers have taken a nice leap forward and seem to be enjoying life with James Harden on the team. That said, they are coming off a loss last time out and have dropped a spot this week.
- Indiana Pacers – The Pacers remain in the same spot in the Power Rankings as they were last week, which is no surprise when you consider that they have lost 2 in a row and have gone just 3-7 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder are also in the same position as last week and basically are on the same run as the Pacers, losing 2 in a row and managing just 3 wins in their last 10 games.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons are in the same ranking spot as last week, but they might not be there for much longer, as they are on a positive run of form at the moment. They come into the new week on the heels of back-to-back wins.
- Orlando Magic – After an extended stretch of time at the bottom of the pile, the Magic have moved up a spot to #29. They are still tied for the least number of wins in the league, but they have picked up 4 wins in their last 10.
- Houston Rockets – The Rockets are now in last place despite finally snapping out of an 11-game losing skid with a win in their last game. Is that win a sign that they might be about to have a better run, or is it a blip on the radar?