The NBA playoffs will be here before we know it, so there are only going to be a few more weekly Power Rankings before we get to know what the opening round matchups will be. If this week’s rankings teach us anything, it is that things can change quickly. There have been a few changes in the top 5 when compared to what we saw last week, with the #1 spot being the only one that looks likely to remain the same all the way to the end of the regular season. With all of that in mind, let’s take a look at the current top and bottom 5 in the NBA Power Rankings so you can continue making your bets against the NBA Odds.
1. Phoenix Suns – There is still some games to play, but the Suns have already clinched the best record in the league with a couple of weeks to spare. They are on a roll right now, winning 8 in a row and 9 of their last 10 games.
2. Memphis Grizzlies – While they cannot catch the Suns for the #1 spot in the Western Conference, the Grizzlies are also rolling, winning each of their last 4 games and 8 of their last 10. That was enough to move them up a spot in this week’s rankings.
3. Boston Celtics – From out of nowhere, the Boston Celtics have gone on a tear that has taken them all the way to the top of the Eastern Conference, although there are 4 teams separated by a half game. The Celtics are winners of 6 in a row.
4. Philadelphia Sixers – The 76ers moved up a couple of spots to crack the top 5 this week. They have come alive since trading to get James Harden and are now just a half game out of the lead at the top of the East.
5. Milwaukee Bucks – While other teams move up the standings this week, the Milwaukee Bucks dropped a spot this time around. They come into this week on the heels of a loss, but they are still 7-3 in their last 10.
26. Indiana Pacers – Right off the bat, we have a change to the bottom 5 of the NBA Power Rankings this week, with the Pacers slipping down a spot. In fairness to the Pacers, they have been hammered by injuries this season.
27. Detroit Pistons – There is no change at this position, with the Pistons still sitting in the #27 spot after another week of action. The Pistons have lost 2 in a row and have just 2 wins in their last 10 games, which is not the way to move up.
28. Oklahoma City Thunder – The rest of the bottom 5 remains the same way as it did last week, starting with the Thunder at #28. The Thunder have gone 1-9 over their last 10 games and are officially eliminated.
29. Orlando Magic – You have to winder which team is going to finish with the worst record in the league. The way things are going, it’s beginning to look like the Magic might well be that team, but time will tell.
30. Houston Rockets – It has looked for a while as though the Houston Rockets were going to finish at the bottom of the NBA Power Rankings, but they might just climb out of it if their current 2-game win streak continues to grow.
NBA Betting Center
Odds and Lines
Latest NBA News: