LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers (12-4) are 9-point favorites against Zach LaVine and the Chicago Bulls (7-8) Saturday, January 23, 2021 at United Center. The matchup begins at 9:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The matchup has an over/under set at 227.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Los Angeles has taken seven of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Chicago. The Bulls have a 2-0 advantage against the spread when squaring off against the Lakers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/8/2021||Lakers||Lakers||-8||221.5||-339||271||Regular Season||117-115 LAL|
|11/5/2019||Lakers||Bulls||-7||215||-304||245||Regular Season||118-112 LAL|
|3/12/2019||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-107 LAL|
|1/15/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-100 LAL|
|1/26/2018||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-103 LAL|
|11/21/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-94 LAL|
|11/30/2016||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-90 LAL|
|11/20/2016||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-110 CHI|
|2/21/2016||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-115 CHI|
|1/28/2016||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-91 CHI|
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles has been strong against the spread, going 9-7 on the season.
- When favored by at least 9 points, the Lakers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-2 record.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 6 of 16 games this season (37.5%).
Bulls Betting Information
- Chicago has a winning record against the spread, going 11-4 ATS (covering 73.3% of the time).
- Chicago has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (10 out of 15 contests).
- In 29 of 16 games (181.2%) this year, the Lakers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 227.5 points.
- Chicago has played in 10 games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 66.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 227.5 points.
- The Lakers and the Bulls combine to average 5.4 more points per game than the over/under of 227.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 224.5 points per game, 3.0 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The Lakers’ average point total in outings this season is 220.3, 7.2 points below the over/under in this game.
- Bulls games this season have averaged an over/under of 237.1 points, 9.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
- James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He puts up 24.4 points per game while also adding 7.6 assists.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Anthony Davis’ 9.0 per game.
- The Lakers are led by James from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- Davis averages 1.3 steals and 1.9 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Los Angeles.
- LaVine owns the Bulls top spot in scoring with 27.2 points per game and also tacks on 4.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per contest.
- Wendell Carter Jr. (8.0 rebounds per game) and Coby White (6.1 assists per game) are the Chicago leaders in rebounds and assists.
- LaVine makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulls, cashing in 3.4 treys per game.
- Nobody on Chicago grabs more steals than LaVine (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Daniel Gafford (1.3 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls: 1/23/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Denver Nuggets: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors: 1/23/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/22/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends