It’s very much a tale of two conferences at this stage of the NBA season. Over in the Eastern Conference, it’s beginning to look as though no team really wants to take control, with several different teams taking a turn at the #1 spot. In the Western Conference, the top 4 teams all have better records than the team at the top in the East, so it is not that surprising to see the NBA Power Rankings looking a little lopsided in favor of the West. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at the top and bottom 5 in the current Power Rankings so you can continue making your bets against the NBA Odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 14
- Phoenix Suns – The team that represented the West in the NBA Finals last year is proving that their run was no fluke. The Suns are 34-9 and sitting atop the Western Conference. They have won 4 in a row and 8 of their last 10.
- Memphis Grizzlies – From seemingly out of nowhere, the Grizzlies are on a run that has seen them move ever closer to the top of the West. They have won 9 of their last 10 games and are now just 4 ½ games out of first.
- Golden State Warriors – The Warriors can’t seem to catch a break at the moment. No sooner do they get Klay Thompson back then they lose Draymond Green. The Warriors are slipping and have gone 4-6 in their last 10.
- Chicago Bulls – The team that was #3 in the rankings last week is down a spot, despite holding on to the top spot in the Eastern Conference. With 4 straight losses, though, they are not going to stay there too long if they don’t snap out of it.
- Milwaukee Bucks – The defending champions are not having the best season at the moment, yet they are still just 2 games out of first in the East. That the Bucks are currently in 5th in the conference standings tells you how tight things are there.
- Indiana Pacers – We have a new entry in the bottom 5, with the Indiana Pacers dropping a couple of spots in the Power Rankings this week. They start this week on a 4-game losing skid and a run that has seen them win just 1 in their last 10.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – No change at the #27 spot, with the Thunder continuing to struggle through another week. They come into this week on a 2-game losing skid and have gone 2-8 over the last 10 games.
- Houston Rockets – The Rockets remain in the same spot as last week, although they are coming off a win that saw them move to 3-7 in their last 10. Still, with just 13 total wins on the season, there is not a lot to get excited about.
- Detroit Pistons – Yes, the Pistons are still among the worst teams in the league, but there are some signs of improvement. They have just 10 wins on the season, but half of those victories have come in the last 10 games.
- Orlando Magic – There is no change at the bottom of the rankings, and it would not be a surprise if it stayed that way for quite some time. The Magic have just 1 win in their last 10 games and are the only team in the NBA not to hit double-digit wins this season.
NBA Betting Center
Odds and Lines
Latest NBA News: