After this Sunday, we’ll know which two teams will play in Super Bowl 56 on February 13. The favorites are the conference championship home teams, the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC and the Los Angeles Rams in the NFC. But although Chiefs versus Rams would make for a decent Super Bowl, is KC against L.A. the perfect Super Bowl matchup? Keep reading for what we think would be the perfect Super Bowl LVI matchup so you can make your bets against the Super Bowl odds.
If Super Bowl Was Next Sunday – Perfect Matchup | NFL Betting
Super Bowl LVI
- When: Sunday, Feb. 13
- Where: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
- TV/Streaming: NBC / Peacock
Super Bowl 56 Odds to Win
Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers
- Why is Cincinnati versus San Francisco the perfect Super Bowl matchup?
Before getting into why Cincinnati versus San Francisco would be the best Super Bowl matchup, let’s first discuss why Kansas City against San Francisco or the Rams wouldn’t be such a great game.
Patrick Mahomes and his teammates beat Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers in the 2020 Super Bowl. The NFL Championship happened about a month before the pandemic hit, which is one of the reasons the Chiefs got to lift the trophy in front of thousands of football fans.
The game was a good one. The Chiefs had to rally down 9 points in the fourth-quarter to beat San Francisco. A repeat, though, wouldn’t have as much drama because there’s nothing new.
Only true football fans would find interest in a second Kansas City versus San Francisco Super Bowl. The average fan would be cool with it, but the story lines wouldn’t be as fascinating as they were the first time around.
Matthew Stafford, the Rams’ starting quarterback, making his first Super Bowl is intriguing, but the Rams have issues in their secondary that make them a bad play against the Bengals or the Chiefs.
Mahomes would destroy Los Angeles’ secondary. Joe Burrow is a master at escaping the rush and, like Mahomes, throwing on the run. So Joe Cool would also dominate the Rams’ secondary.
So if we forget about the Chiefs and the Rams, we’re left with Bengals versus 49ers. Check out why Cincinnati against San Francisco is the perfect matchup:
- Both teams have surging defenses – San Francisco held the Packers to 10 points in their divisional round win. Cincinnati held the Titans to 16 points in their divisional round victory.
- Both teams have excellent skill players – San Francisco player Deebo Samuel might be the best non-quarterback player in the NFL. Bengals rookie wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase is unstoppable.
- Both quarterbacks can light it up – Jimmy Garoppolo can throw for over 300 in a heartbeat. Joe Burrow is already one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
Those are the three main reasons. Another reason? There’s Super Bowl history between the 49ers and Bengals. In 1982, Joe Montana and Bill Walsh led San Francisco to their first Super Bowl victory against Ken Anderson and the Bengals.
Then in 1989, Montana and Walsh beat Cincinnati again with a 20-16 victory. San Francisco versus Cincinnati has Super Bowl history. That, more than anything, is why a Bengals versus 49ers Super Bowl would be the perfect matchup.
NFL Betting Center
Odds and Lines
Latest NFL News: